Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekly Progress

I have been sewing all week, but it has all been 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there so it doesn't look like much progress. Now that it is the end of the week the little that I did each day is starting to look like I made some progress. I got to start the week by getting a package from one of my favorite stores. The two fabrics on the left were just for fun, the rest of the fabrics are for the OFAH and the scraps that I have I will hopefully make a few purses out of , and the charm pack is for a pattern that I already had but had trouble finding this fabric after Christmas. It's always nice to start the week off with something fun in the mail.
Here is the progress that I have made on OFAH. I have all of the squares done now and I will trim them as I start putting the actual blocks together. I have started on hour 2, but I am having a little bit of trouble getting my units to 3 1/2 inches, almost all of them are coming up a little short. This is one of my biggest problems with my quilting, I have a terrible time with keeping units accurate. So there has been a lot of ripping out, because otherwise I would be putting blocks together by now. Here are all of my squares, so hour 1 is done!
Since some are on track and have already been able to sew their blocks together I had to lay out what mine will look like once I catch up to where I should be. I have a three day weekend with not much planned so I hope to be able to catch up to where I should be. In the last post I posted a picture of the other quilt that I have been working on, I don't have any pictures but I have almost finished sewing the borders together which means that I will be able to get this on finished sometime during the long weekend.


6 comments:

SueR said...

Hi Amanda, your fabrics are so fun and cheerful, and I think your quilt will look just great.

Lynn Douglass said...

I'm also trying to catch up, and finally got through hour 3 today. Hopefully, I'll be current by Wednesday. I love the fabrics you're using!

bingo~bonnie said...

Oh wow! I hadn't looked at your blog in a few days and was starting to get ble b/c several hadn't psoted photos yet of their HAD quilts...

and walla - there are yoru photos today when I looked. OH how that polka dot fabric is gonna be so fun!!! and that red is perfect to give those stars the "punch of color" they need! :)

keep up the progress! I am happy for you that you go to sew during your long weekend! Wish I had a "weekend" but as a SAHmom everyday is the same. :P

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Annie said...

I love your fabrics - they are so pretty and vibrant. Can't wait to see the end result!!!

Becky said...

Love the look of your blocks for QFAH. Your quilt will be stunning!

Kucki68 said...

Your QFAH looks like it is going to be great. I still haven't made progress on mine. Only have the half triangles sewn and pressed.