Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hand Quilting

One of my goals for the summer is to finish a quilt for my soon to be mother-in-law. Last year we went shopping together for her to pick out what she wanted for her quilt. She picked this kit and I got the top together very quickly, but getting it finished is a completely different story. Between school and work, the top got set a side and now that spring semester is over I finally got started quilting it. I plan on quilting lilies into the border and a simple meander in the center. For now I really enjoy the hand quilting, but I am sure that I will soon have too many tops to be able to hand quilt them all. I have the first bit of the lilies marked and I will now have something to do during Grey’s Anatomy. I need to come up with a name for this quilt, but that is something that I am working on as well :)

No comments: